Saturday, March 8, 2014

Save a Fandom!

Just recently I became acquainted with the tv show Almost Human.
It's set in the near future, 2048, but we've had a lot of technological advancements.  Due to all these new technologies crime has gotten way out of hand and the only way the police can even begin to cope with it is by pairing each human cop with an android partner to double their man-power.  After a near death experience, partly due to an android, police detective John Kennex is partnered with an older model android, which had been decommissioned due to emotional problems.  The thing is this particular model of robots had been copied so closely to replicate human emotions that sometimes they had unexpected emotional outbursts... just like us.  So they get teamed up and John eventually starts to get over his dislike for at least this particular android.  Together they go around solving crimes that you could only get away with doing in the future, getting into lots of shoot outs with bad guys, and a few car chases.



In all it's a really great show: lots of action, and a plot!

The only problem is a lot of critical questions go unanswered in the first season, and because of low viewings there may not be a second season.  I don't even care so much if the mysteries from season one never get answered (I can write fan fiction and make it up), but I really think fox should give this show a second chance.  Maybe if they played the show in order it would have got some better reviews (apparently they got them a little out of order when they aired, but I just watched them on iTunes so I wouldn't know), also the season finale, unlike most other shows was just another episode, it didn't really give any answers like I was expecting it to.
I just realized I made it sound like it sucks...
But it doesn't!  I would highly recommend it.
Any way the main reason I'm writing this is to spread the word and let people know to start watching it.  If this suddenly becomes a huge fandom overnight I think they might get the hint and give us another season.  I'd rather watch this any day over sparkly vampires or twenty-zillion (non)reality tv shows.
The truth is great shows like this especially made in America (sorry U.S.) with good plot are kind of hard to come by.  Well, there are a few...
... but it seems like they have a very limited lifespan.  And I don't want to see the same thing happen to this like it did to Firefly.  At least Almost Human just came out, there's still a chance they could renew it.  And right now actually they're only talking about not bringing it back, but there hasn't been a lot of chatter about the second season either, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
So people, spread the word!  Keep Almost Human going!
You can either share this or just say it in your own words but please start letting people know about this on whatever social media you're in to while we've still got a chance.  Please!  Other Firefly fans I'm asking you specifically to help out because you know the pain of only getting one season when there is potential for so much more!
Please check it out!  You can either buy the episodes on iTunes or watch it on fox's page @

No comments:

Post a Comment