Thursday, September 17, 2015

Splinter Cell

Recently I made an interesting discovery.  I've read all of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell books which weren't written by him and I've played all the Splinter Cell games.  I've also read probably at least one from each different series Tom Clancy wrote including most of the Jack Ryan books.



I was just looking through the library's collection when I decided to google which book Sam Fisher (the main character in the Splinter Cell novels) first appeared in.  I was looking for the Splinter Cell books Tom Clancy actually wrote.  The first few searches resulted in list of the books somebody ghost wrote for Clancy and the games, nothing about his actual books.  After refining my search I come to find out he never actually wrote any Splinter Cell books, Sam Fisher or otherwise.


I feel like I've been lied to.  Why does it have Tom Clancy's name on it if he never wrote even one?!!??  I guess in the end I'm glad it did because I might not have read it thinking it was another penny dreadful.

No comments:

Post a Comment