Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Age of Ultron is AMAZING!

I know it's been a LONG time since I've written anything on here but life happened.
Yesterday I saw Age of Ultron, and without revealing any spoilers I am just going to say WOW!  Marvel's still got it.  This is the best Marvel movie since the first Iron Man movie!
When the first Avenger's movie came out I was super disappointed, not that it was bad it was just average.  After all that time they had been hinting at doing it in the scenes after the credits of their other movies I was thinking it was going to be the greatest movie of all time, and everyone else who saw it before me said it was so my hopes were high.  I really think they were rushing to get it done.  With the second one now that they took their time it turned out a LOT better.  Two words: character development.  It felt like all of the Avengers were a main character, you were able to see inside of them a little more, and with this many people in a movie as main characters I can imagine it was no small feat to pull off.  This in a nutshell is one of the two main reasons I believe the second Avengers is so good.  The other reason was the story goal and threat was revealed much earlier in the film (I won't say anything more than that in case you haven't seen it yet).
I believe the main problems with the first movie is what the second got exactly right:
In the first they spent the majority of the movie arguing like a classroom of kindergartners, in the second from the very first you see them working as a team.
Loki wasn't a big enough threat in the first movie, if you think about it, Thor by himself could have taken him out by himself leaving the rest of the Avengers to take out the aliens, which by the way seemed kind of cheap, the aliens I mean.  What I mean by that is they've got nobody to fight through out nearly the whole movie, so they fight each other, then just so you can get your fill of action they throw in a random army of cannon fodder aliens for a big end fight scene.
Sorry, I'm just still sort of upset about the first movie.
End rant.
The point is if you haven't seen Age of Ultron yet: DROP EVERYTHING!  GO NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment