Monday, September 1, 2014

Doctor Who and the Guardians of the Galaxy Review

I know I said last time I was going to give you guys my Sherlock theory but that was accidentally deleted.  So while I'm working on re-typing the whole thing I thought I would write a quick review on both the new Doctor Who and Guardians of the Galaxy.

In case you didn't know already I am a huge Marvel fan.  Iron Man has been my all time favorite superhero when I was growing up, I only watched the first movie five billion times in the first month it came out.  And another favorite comic series of mine as a kid was Guardians of the Galaxy (Rocket is the best)!  I was super geeked when I first saw the commercial for it.  I went and saw it the day after it came out in theatres and then again with my sister last saturday.  I really enjoyed it for the fact that it was a little more comedic than most Marvel movies.  Unfortunately, because of this, my sister (not a Marvel fan, or a geek at all in any way) commented while we sat through the credits that she thought it was rather "cheesy."  She just took it for granted that being a Marvel movie it was going to be more serious, with your average team of superheroes going around saving lives.  I forgot that she had no clue who the Guardians were.  And when we watched the extra clip after the credits (which I won't tell you what it was, you'll have to watch the movie for yourself) she was completely lost.  I don't blame her for that last one though.
I thought it was pretty good.  I wasn't too disappointed with it since they hadn't been building up to this movie making obvious references to it in other movies (like the Avengers).  Sorry but I was expecting a lot more out of the Avengers than that.  With as long as we were kept waiting for it and all the movies leading up to it.  Ugh!  Sorry.  Still not over that one.

Doctor Who season eight, review of episode one:
I love the new Doctor!  What did I say guys?  I don't know why everyone was so worked up about Peter Capaldi playing Twelve.  If Steven Moffat was even partially responsible for helping choose the next Doctor I wasn't even remotely worried.  Lots of people were concerned he was too old.  Peter commented that if you think about it, he's too young to play the part if you want to get all technical.  Then some were worried when Moffat said the new Doctor was going to be a little bit rude.  So what?  Look at the other Doctors.



And what about Sherlock?  He's a douchebag, and everyone loves him.
Now we have proof: Peter Capaldi plays an absolutely brilliant Doctor.  All you fan girls that were only in the fandom for the young hot guys playing the Doctor can either realize the true nature of the Doctor or leave.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out.  Who am I kidding?  I hope you trip down the stairs and fall on your dainty little butts / face.
I was especially happy with the first episode.  It was extra long, with references to the tenth Doctor and there were several moments when he really reminded me of Four.
Plus a giant Dinosaur in the middle of London?





How can you beat that?
I'm really looking forward to the rest of this season and lots more before we get a new Doctor.





Quick theories on who or what Missy is:
For those of you who haven't seen episode one or two yet, this will make no sense, so go watch the show.  For those of you that have... I haven't read too much about anyone else theories and the ones that I have don't seem to make much sense; Some people think she might be Madame Kovarian somehow in a different form, or an evil version of Clara.  Like I said: not a lot of sense.  Based on the few seconds we see her in the end of both episodes my first guess was maybe she's a Time Lady possible someone like Rani.  Short version for those of you who don't know Classic Who she was a rival Time Lady, evil genius, basically the female equivalent of the Master.  She could have used her TARDIS to materialize around Gretchen just before the Dalek antibodies got her and she could have easily fixed the clockwork robot.  The garden that they both woke up in could very well be part of her TARDIS.  Maybe she's recruiting people who might have a grudge against the Doctor.
My other theory is based on this picture I accidentally found.


So my guess based on this is that those people basically are dead and only their brains were saved to put in the cyber men.  They're basically creating a fake world for themselves because the reality of what they've become is to harsh, and Missy is either the person making them or is someone like Miss Hartigan from The Next Doctor.












Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment